This influential event promises to bring together over 3500 top financial firms from more than 100 countries, positioning Abu Dhabi as a global hub for discussions on the future of finance, particularly in the context of technological innovation and sustainable development. The event is held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Khaled bin Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Chairman of the Executive Council, and is powered by the prestigious Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM).
Embracing the Transition Era: A Pioneering Theme
ADFW 2023 has chosen the theme of ‘Investing in the Transition Era’ as its central focus. This theme builds on the success of its inaugural edition and aims to explore the multifaceted aspects of the ongoing global transition across economic, technological, and climate-related dimensions. The event will provide a platform for influential decision-makers to view these transitions not merely as challenges but as opportunities for a brighter and more prosperous future.
– The Patronage and Leadership: The event enjoys the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Khaled bin Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, emphasizing its significance on the global stage.
– Key Themes: ADFW 2023 will delve into monetary systems, technological disruptions, financing the race to net zero, and the impact of the transition era on global financial systems.
– Investing Wisely: The event highlights the importance of investing wisely in technology, innovation, and talent to create a stronger and more resilient financial landscape.
A Global Stage for Fintech and Finance in the UAE
ADFW 2023 couldn’t have picked a more opportune time to convene. This year, the United Arab Emirates is set to host the COP28 conference, a crucial global event focused on climate action. In addition, the renowned Abu Dhabi Grand Prix will draw the eyes of the world to the UAE. ADFW strategically positions itself between these significant events, anticipating participation from a diverse array of stakeholders, including business leaders, industry experts, policymakers, regulators, investors, and bankers from across the globe.
– Previous Success: ADFW’s inaugural edition surpassed expectations, with approximately 9000 attendees from 102 countries and 346 speakers participating in 31 events.
– Strategic Partnerships: The event forged 52 strategic partnerships and announced over 75 Memoranda of Understanding (MoUs) during its first edition.
Event Highlights: Diverse and Insightful
ADFW 2023 is packed with a range of events and activities that cater to the diverse interests of its audience. Some of the key highlights include:
– Abu Dhabi Economic Forum: A new sub-event introduced this year, which will gather high-level executives and decision-makers to discuss macroeconomic topics.
– Fortune Global Leadership Summit: An internationally recognized summit taking place on the first day.
– Asset Abu Dhabi: A powerful gathering of global private market leadership.
– Fintech Abu Dhabi: Returning for its 6th year, this event assembles tech innovators, banks, developers, entrepreneurs, and VC investors to explore the intersection of innovation and finance.
– Sub-events: The event includes The Regulators Summit, Blockchain Abu Dhabi, Risk4.0, A.I. Abu Dhabi, and the 2023 Fintech Abu Dhabi Awards.
– R.A.C.E 2023: In partnership with The Economist, R.A.C.E (Regulation, Awareness, Collaboration & Ecosystem) will explore sustainable finance and actions required to close the capital gap for net-zero investments.
Distinguished Speakers and International Representation
ADFW 2023 has assembled an impressive roster of speakers from the global financial spectrum. These prominent figures will bring their insights and expertise to the event:
– H.E. Khaldoon Al Mubarak: Managing Director & Group CEO of Mubadala.
– Mohamed Alabbar: Founder of Emaar.
– Peter Orszag: Lazard CEO.
– Mohammed Alardhi: Executive Chairman of Investcorp.
– Dr. Samir Haj-Yehia: Chairman of Bank Leumi.
– H.E. Dr. Abdulrahman Al Hamidy: Director General & Chairman of Arab Monetary Fund.
– Yoni Assia: Co-founder & CEO of eToro.
– Atif Abdulmalik: CEO & Chairman of the Executive Committee at Arcapita.
– Bob Steers: Executive Chairman of Cohen & Steers.
The international dimension of the event is further emphasized by previous announcements of distinguished speakers, including Ray Dalio, HRH Prince Khaled bin Alwaleed bin Talal Al Saud, Jenny Johnson, Jenny Lee, Laura Cha, Ruchir Sharma, Alan Murray, Alan Howard, Sir Christopher Hohn, Fadi Ghandour, and Jay Clayton.
Abu Dhabi Finance Week 2023 is poised to unite fintech and finance, shedding light on the evolving landscape of the financial industry. With a strong focus on innovation, technology, and sustainability, the event positions Abu Dhabi as a global hub for discussions on the future of finance and the critical role of fintech in shaping it. This influential gathering serves as a testament to the UAE’s commitment to embracing change and capitalizing on the opportunities presented by the transition era.