The popularity and features of apps can change over time, and new apps may have been released since then. Here are some well-known fitness apps that were popular.
– MyFitnessPal is a comprehensive app that helps users track their nutrition and exercise. It has a vast database of foods, making it easy to log meals and monitor calorie intake. The app also integrates with various fitness trackers and devices.
2. Nike Training Club:
– Nike Training Club offers a variety of workouts designed by professional trainers. The workouts range from quick, high-intensity sessions to targeted strength and endurance training. The app also provides instructional videos for each exercise.
– Strava is a popular app among runners and cyclists. It uses GPS to track your activities, providing detailed data on distance, pace, and elevation. Users can join challenges, connect with friends, and analyze their performance over time.
– Fitbod is a strength training app that creates personalized workout plans based on your fitness level, goals, and available equipment. The app adapts as you progress, ensuring that your workouts remain challenging and effective.
5. MapMyFitness (Under Armour):
– MapMyFitness offers GPS tracking for various activities, including running, walking, cycling, and more. It provides route mapping, real-time stats, and audio feedback. The app also allows users to discover new routes shared by the community.
6. 7 Minute Workout:
– The 7 Minute Workout app is designed for users with tight schedules. It provides short, intense workouts that can be done without the need for special equipment. The workouts typically consist of bodyweight exercises.
7. Google Fit:
– Google Fit is an activity tracking app that integrates with a variety of fitness apps and devices. It monitors your daily activity, such as steps taken and calories burned, providing insights into your overall health and wellness.
8. Apple Fitness+ (Apple only):
– Apple Fitness+ is a subscription-based service that offers a wide range of workout classes led by professional trainers. It covers various fitness categories, including HIIT, yoga, strength training, and more. The classes are accessible on Apple devices.
9. Fitbit (Fitbit devices required):
– The Fitbit app works in conjunction with Fitbit devices to track activity, sleep, and nutrition. It provides a comprehensive overview of your daily health and fitness metrics and encourages goal setting and social interaction with other Fitbit users.
10. StrongLifts 5×5:
– StrongLifts 5×5 is a strength training app based on the 5×5 workout program, emphasizing compound movements like squats, deadlifts, and bench presses. The app guides users through progressive strength training to build muscle and increase strength.
Before choosing an app, consider your fitness goals, preferred workout style, and any specific features you may be looking for, such as community engagement, tracking capabilities, or integration with other devices.